In our daily lives, Google Chrome is one of the most trusted browsers when it comes to online payments, hotel bookings, flight reservations, etc. A user explores it with trust & security of their personal banking information to not get seep out. But Why Google Chrome Keeps Crashing due to which a user faces a lot of issues while surfing?
Well, in this post we are here to offer you relevant solutions for the Google chrome issue.
Solutions to fix the crashing of Google Chrome:
1. Close Unnecessary Tabs
A user should close all the unnecessary tabs. Opening the additional tabs may be the reason why Google Chrome keeps crashing. Due to unnecessary tabs, it runs extensions and plugins separately.
More tabs make the Browser to work slow This increases the number of Chrome processes in the task manager.
2. Remove Unwanted Softwares :
Chrome has inbuilt unwanted software removal tools that help to find out the unwanted software and uninstall them that are not in use. The software never ends with a number of bugs & infections that keep trying to harm the browsers along with the configuration.
3. Keep Your Browser Up to Date
Check for the latest updates for your browser if it is available. Google Chrome crashes if it is out of date. It usually gets an update every couple of weeks and months. Updating Google Chrome has become simple these days.
Close the browser and reopen it, it will update by default.
4. Check for Malware
Sometimes we accidentally download a document or software that starts messing up with the settings of the browser. This results in allowing the end number of adware, malware, and junkware. If your system is in perfect condition while working and you feel that it might get infected by the malware. Get your computer scanned by the software named Malwarebytes.
5. Disable the extensions that are not in use
Activating the extensions that are not in use for a long time can cause a reason for Google Chrome crashing. As more extensions may allow more malware that gives a bad impact on the browser and it may turn it down slow.
6. Close & Reopen It
If you’re a user who uses the desktop every time then probably you can run anything you like. If you have more space on your computer and you have installed hungry apps which may use more space than usual.
Then it might be the reason for Google Chrome Keeps Crashing. It happens rarely when an application interferes with Google Chrome. Simply, close the browser and reopen it back.
7. Uninstall & Reinstall It
A large number of files are similar to the applications which might cause the crashing of the browser and they may interact in an unhealthy way with the extensions or the websites that are opened usually. In that case, a user should uninstall & reinstall the browser once again.
Google Chrome Keeps Crashing Windows 10
Google Chrome users recently reported an issue, that a bug was putting a bad impact on the Chrome browser due to which Chrome Extensions were crashing randomly. But the people using Mac OS were not facing the same issue. When the Google Chrome browser crashes, it shows the blank page whenever we try to open any webpage.
Ways To Fix Google Chrome on Windows 10
To get rid of it, one should close all the tabs in Chrome App and exit the browser. This is because the browsing data allows such bugs & infections that may harm the Chrome App. Closing the browser and reopening it may fix the issue. Sometimes android phone users download Google Chrome from the App Store or Google Play Store.
When we click on any malicious software accidentally, it may harm the operating system. A Chrome update is required in both the computer and the smartphone so it keeps working properly.
If it still has some issues then open Chrome settings, apps data, and cache should be clear. The last resolution is to uninstall Chrome and ensure that you should remember the credentials of your user profile.
Google Chrome is one of the most popular browsers ever created.
Chrome Keeps Crashing Android
Google Chrome is probably the most used web browser by Android users. If Chrome keeps freezing, stopping, or keeps crashing even in our smartphone then only updating the Chrome app doesn’t make a perfect solution. There is a need to update the Google Play Services too.
Some of the topmost solutions for fixing it are given below :
- Reboot your phone
- Update the device software if available
- Data & Cache should be clear in the Chrome app
- Update your Google Chrome app
- Close all inactive tabs
- Install the latest version of Google Play store.
- Restart the chrome app
- Uninstall & Install the Chrome app again from Google app store or App store
Google Chrome Keeps Crashing on MAC
Google Chrome is one of the fast and stable browsers which is supported by most websites. Issue of Google Chrome Crashing may occur when the browser is not up to date, Legitimate extensions are not up to date from time to time. In a rare case during this issue, you will try to quit the Chrome browser but it quits because Chrome gets crashed so badly that you need to click on force quit.
Two ways are given below to do that :
- Click on the Apple menu, choose Force Quit, and then choose Chrome in the window that opens, then Force Quit.
- Press Command-Option-Escape, then click on Chrome and press Force Quit
Once it quits, you can restart it.
- Why does Chrome keep crashing on my iPhone?
When the cache data is way too much or the cache data is corrupted. Try closing the chrome tabs. Restart the Chrome browser again after you force stop it. At last restart your iPhone for perfect working.
- How to stop unwanted chrome notifications?
- Open the Chrome app or the web browser on the Phone or Desktop.
- Go to a webpage and click on the right of the address bar.
- Tap the More Info option.
- Click on Site settings.
- Under the “Permissions,” option tap on the Notifications.
- Turn the settings off.
It will turn the unwanted notifications off for the chrome browser.
- How to remove malware from chrome browser?
- Open the Chrome Browser.
- At the top right corner, click More>Settings.
- Scroll down and click Advanced.
- Below the “Reset and clean up,” click the Cleanup computer option.
- Click on the Find option.
- Remove the unwanted software by clicking on Remove. You can also reboot your computer further.
- How to get rid of pop-up ads on chrome?
- Open Chrome browser on your computer.
- Click More>Settings at the top right corner.
- Under the “Privacy and security,” option, click on Site settings.
- Select the Pop-ups and redirects.
- Turn the setting to Blocked and you will stop seeing the pop-up ads.
- Why is Google Chrome crashing on startup?
If the computer runs out of memory, and cannot load the website while running the apps, extensions, and programs. Quit other apps or programs that are running. Pause the app and other file downloads. Uninstall all the extensions that are not required for use.
- Why does Google Chrome crash on opening?
Either the antivirus software or unwanted malware is preventing Chrome from opening. If a program or process is currently running on the computer, it might cause problems with the Chrome browser. Restart the computer if that fixes the issue.