This Netgear Genie Setup Wizard is an interface for installing the WiFi Extender. The Wizard Setup can be accessed from any device’s web browser. The device must have an active internet connection for access. Install the setup on the device appropriately and connect the extender to the network for better connectivity.
How to set up Netgear Genie Smart Setup?
Once the extender connects with your device, it will take you straightaway to the browser window for the Netgear Genie Setup page. If in case it does not show anything then this common problem can be solved in a bit of a second. Enter the web address mywifiext.net/login in the URL for the Netgear Genie login. This will connect you straight to the Netgear Genie Smart Setup Wizard.
Once you connect to the Netgear Genie Smart Setup Wizard, follow the on-screen guide to help you further:
1. Connect the wireless Network of the netgear_ext.
2. The list of available networks displayed are in the range on Genie.
3. Select the network which you would like to go for and click continue.
4. Enter the username and password if it shows the wireless security for the network.
5. Select 5GHz network if there is a dual-band router and press continue.
6. Change your WiFi settings the moment your extender starts connecting.
7. Select Continue. The other screen will be displayed that will prompt indicating that the PC is disconnected from the network.
8. Connect the extender again and close the Netgear genie setup page after you select the finish button.
A quick question arises sometimes:
Are Netgear Genie and its Set up – both are same? Well, the answer is a big ‘NO’. The app allows you to manage the wireless network and the Netgear Smart Setup Wizard quickly setups the WiFi Extender. For Netgear Genie Windows 10, the smart setup wizard will work easily.
Its app monitors and controls the home and office wireless network within one click. This app is available for Windows, MAC, Android, and iOS. The Windows 10 desktop app handles the network which is easy to use by customizing the SSID with much ease.
After downloading Netgear Genie Setup for Windows 10, you can share, download, manage the smart parental controls, diagnose the issue, and troubleshoot the problems. Here are a few tasks that can be completed from the device itself:
- Check how fast the devices can download the content from the browser.
- Check how many devices connected at a time on the network on the wireless router.
- Execute a speed test for the broadband network.
- You can manage the network by creating a guest network for the family.
- Try changing the wireless router settings of the device.
- Create smart parental controls from the main screen.
- Access the tools like Trace Route, DNS Lookup, and Ping.
Download the app and use it for the network. If you face any issues regarding Netgear you can contact the technicians or the experts for help.
Why can’t I access the Netgenie Smart Wizard?
For troubleshooting to fix the Netgear Device, follow the steps to access the Netgear Genie Smart Wizard:
1. WiFi Extender should be connected to the Wi Fi Network.
2. Make sure that the PC is turned on.
3. Visit the login page by entering the URL.
4. Make sure you have deleted the caches, cookies, and other temporary files from the internet browser.
5. Use another browser if the default one does not work.
5. Disconnect and reboot the extender and Netgear Genie Router again.
6. Look for the updated firmware version of the Netgear WiFi Extender.
7. Reset the Netgear genie extender to the default settings.
If the Netgear Extender Setup process still does not fix and work, they try to contact the experts. They will fix the issues for troubleshooting the Netgear Genie Setup Wizard.