Suppose you are working on your computer with complete concentration and suddenly after a while the blue screen appears and the computer randomly restarts windows 10. You will be disappointed, your files will not be saved. Eventually, it will break your perfect workflow and you will panic in such a situation. So what to do in such a situation?
A lot more issues always come up when a computer reboots on its own. But, we are here to help you out with such an issue. This is the right page for the solution to your computer-related issues.
Look down below for the solutions for the same issue that might help you for your convenience.
1) Recover files lost after the computer randomly restarts
After the computer randomly restarts Windows 10 all the saved files are lost forever. There are no chances that you will get them back ever. If you want to try finding the lost files look for them in the search bar in the File Explorer and press enter.
If you do not find any files, then all you have is an option to download the Stellar data recovery software for the lost files after the computer keeps restarting. Stellar is a DIY Windows Data Recovery Software that can help you to find the lost files easily. It is efficient and reliable in the case of data restoration.
Stellar recovers the data from any kind of hard drive or any external device that is used for storage. It scans the data, saves it, recovers from any 4K hard drives, and sorts the files automatically.
To recover the files follow the steps below:
- Look for the type of data or files you want to restore. Select “next”.
- Choose the location or any drive folder you want them in and select the “Scan” option.
- Then choose the files you want to retrieve and then press the “recover” option.
2) Replace the faulty power supply
A factor that causes the problem is a faulty power supply that does not provide the right amount of power. The lesser amount of power supply can be one of the reasons for Computer rebooting randomly anytime.Try replacing the power supply unit with a new one..
- Turn Off and unplug your computer.
- Unscrew the side of the computer or laptop and try to remove the power plug cable from the power supply port.
- Remove the power supply and cables from the motherboard.
- Look for any dust and air blocking paths that increase the chances of overheating the computer.
- Clean the space and connect the power supply cable wires for enabling the connection of the computer.
- If you get the same issue again then change the power supply cable.
3) Reinstall the graphics card drivers
- Press Windows key and press R.
- In the search box write devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
- Search for the “Display adapters” option and double-click on it.
- Uninstall your graphic card by right-clicking on it.
- After the graphic card is uninstalled, reboot the system. The windows will install the latest drivers themselves that are compatible with your version.
4) Turn off Automatic Restart Feature
The Automatic Restart Feature is active whenever the user is on the PC. The moment you keep anything to download the computer forcefully restarts itself if any new update has been downloaded. This causes an issue and most often the data is lost without any error message of an automatic restart.
So, to solve this problem, there is an option of disabling the automatic restart feature.
To continue with this solution, follow the steps:
- Open the Run window by pressing the Windows key and R key.
- Type sysdm.cpl and click on the OK button.
- System Properties dialog box will appear. Choose the advanced tab from the dialog box.
- Under the Startup and Recovery section, click on the Settings button.
- Under the System Failure section, uncheck the Automatic Restart option and press OK.
Users can work regularly and check whether the same problem persists again. If such an issue takes place, then you can try contacting our experts through your phone or chat. They will help you to solve the issue.
Computer randomly restarts Windows 10
If the system automatically reboots itself then, it has the possibility of Blue Screen of Death(BSoD). This generally is due to the graphic card, driver software issues, overheating of the computer, or any hardware issue, virus, and malware are also included.
To try to reduce such problems, try disabling the automatic restart option. This will not allow the PC or computer randomly restarts Windows 10. You can also update or re-install the graphic card drivers.
Computer randomly restarts Windows 7
Windows 7 is the outdated version these days. It is advised to upgrade it to Windows 10. If you have an old computer that has compatibility with Windows 7 and not to the updated version then maybe it can cause an issue in the device. Suppose the computer randomly restarts Windows 7 without any error.
What to do? You will try finding the cause
It can be due to the third-party software or drivers installed in the system. To get out of this problem, check if you can update the software drivers. Try restarting the computer in safe mode. Press the F8 key before the Windows logo appears.
If it appears then wait for a few more minutes for shutting it down and restarting it again. This will check if your computer has one or more operating systems. Also, check for the hardware issues when the PC keeps restarting that can be a part of the problem you are facing.
Computer randomly restarts Windows 8
When you are using the system and suddenly the computer randomly restarts windows 8.
There are some causes like:
- Outdated device drivers
- Corrupted files
- Antivirus software not responding to Windows 8.
These kinds of issues turn up while you are engrossed in your work or while playing a game and the blue screen appears without any warning.
To overcome such an Issue, some solutions can help you.
- Update the device drivers to the latest version from the device manager.
- Remove the system corrupted files that are interrupting the system.
- Scan the system by typing sfc/scannow in the command prompt window.
At last, you can also download and install the antivirus software that can help to scan and remove the malware, spyware, and viruses that hang or freeze the computer randomly.
- Fix the computer running slow
- Computer has rebooted from a bugcheck
- What if the PC randomly restarts without warning?
There can be an issue due to RAM, Graphic ard or external drives, or any hardware which caused the PC to reboot itself without any warning. Make sure you check the updates, versions, space, and any other damage in the peripherals.
- What should I do when my PC restarts while gaming?
It can be a reason due to the overheating of the CPU, high CPU usage, insufficient power supply. Check for the power supply cables, temperature using software, and using the computer in safe mode.
- What are the faulty RAM symptoms?
Faulty RAM might have symptoms due to Blue Screen of Death. The computer might crash before startup. It will reduce the PC performance too. To avoid such a situation try to run a memory test that can help in identifying the RAM issue.
- Is Windows 10 Debloat safe?
Yes, it is safe to use Windows 10. It has pre-installed apps that if you do not want to use, will not create any issue on the computer or any other device if you uninstall them. This eventually reduces the space and memory of the system.
- Why is my laptop stuck on restart?
It can be due to the unresponsive background which is not allowing the laptop to restart again. For this, unplug the external devices from the ports, update your drivers and look for any viruses, and scan the other bugs.